Advanced course for those wishing to charter internationally or move onto boat ownership. This is not a beginner course.
- Planning for safe voyages
- Communication systems
- Engine management
- Heavy weather precautions
- Responsible navigation
- Minor and less minor emergencies
- Boat Keeping and Maintenance
- Galley Skills, stocking the boat with food
- Night watch & spending at least one night on board
- Planning & carrying out a sail of not less than 3 days
Pre-course knowledge or experience required
- YNZ Level 2 and/or at least 15 days sailing (submit your sailing resume for assessment).
- VHF Marine Operators Licence
Accrediting Sailing Holidays
Note: Practical on the water assessment during the course by your instructor