Accredited YNZ & IYT Sailing School
Learn to sail with us, we’ve been teaching sailors for over 30 years.
Our instructors are all passionate sailors with many ocean miles, numerous regattas and years of sailing. Sail with us and gain Yachting New Zealand (YNZ) keelboat and IYT (International Yacht Training) qualifications. Develop skills and expertise to ensure you can safely skipper one of our boats in the beautiful Bay of Islands.
- Beginners – Two-day introduction or the six-day learn-to-sail then sail-yourself holiday
- Intermediate – Five-day adventure holiday
- Experienced – Five-day Bareboat Skipper Course or One-day instructor refresh to start your bareboat holiday
THE UNIQUE WAY WE TEACH
- Courses start on demand, request a course and date that suits you.
- You and your sailing partner have the instructor and a yacht to yourselves. Plenty of time on the helm, trimming sails and handling the boat. (Courses usually only two sailors, however, we can cater for three or a small family if you want).
- Proven, practical YNZ (Yachting New Zealand) Learn-to-sail program. We teach you to sail by going sailing. Gain YNZ Keelboat qualifications Levels 1-3.
- Accredited IYT (International Yacht Training) Sailing School enabling you to gain international qualifications. You can gain IYT qualifications with us and continue your sailing career with any one of over 250 IYT Sailing Schools worldwide.
- Personalised coaching and passionate instructors, your course content is tailored to your experience. From complete newbies to experienced sea salts, we start by understanding what you already know then coach you from there, so that you gain the qualifications you desire and develop skills and expertise to competently crew or skipper a yacht.
Start as a complete novice and be out skippering yourself after only three days
Gain an internationally recognised recreational sailing skippers’ qualification
Safely skipper your own boat in our world renown cruising grounds