- Hazards, equipment, parts of the boat and sailing definitions
- Hoisting and changing the mainsail and basics of sail trim and tell-tale use.
- Avoiding collisions and recovering a man overboard
- Understanding weather forecasts and the clothing suitable for different conditions
- Learning a variety of knots and their uses
- Performing all roles associated with tacking, gibing and other crew positions of a boat
- A knowledge of the ‘Give Way’ rules
Pre-course knowledge or experience required:
- This course is an introduction to Keelboat Sailing. No prior experience is assumed or required.
- Suitable for all ages.
Accrediting Sailing Holidays
- Two-day introduction
- Six-day sailing holiday
- Five-day adventure (crew only)
Note: Practical on the water assessment during the course by your instructor