- Module 1 – Introduction to Yachting and Nautical Terminology
- Module 2 – Personal Safety Equipment
- Module 3 – Boat SafetyEquipment
- Module 4 – Vessel checkout, Documentation, Charts, Nautical Publications, Flags and equipment
- Module 5 – Basic Handling Skills
- Module 6 – Basic Rope Work
- Module 7 – Refueling
- Module 8 – Person Overboard procedures
- Module 9 – Capsizing, Swamping and Sinking
- Module 10 – Anchors, Anchoring and Running Aground
- Module 11 – Responsibilities of the Crew, Care of the Environment, Provisioning and housekeeping
Pre-course knowledge or experience required
- 14 years old and over. No other prerequisites.
- It is recommended you complete the IYT eLearning International Crew Course prior to your sailing holiday.
Accrediting Sailing Holidays
- Six-day sailing holiday
Note: Practical on the water assessment during the course by your instructor and multi-choice theory assessment.