NZ designed and built coastal cruising yacht
Our Raven 31s are built for fun family cruising, comfortable, and easy to handle short-handed you’ll have a great sailing holiday. Big volume interior, walkthrough transom for easy swimming or dinghy access. Hot and cold pressure water for showers, a refrigerator, comfortable appointments, and an inboard motor. Easily accommodates six but is just as well suited for two. This is the perfect yacht for friends or a family to explore this wonderful cruising area.
LOA: 9.45m Draft: 1.9 metre
Accommodation: Double forward bunk, double and single midships, double aft quarter berth.
Engine: 20 HP Diesel
Water: 260 litres
- Fully equipped to Maritime New Zealand safety standards and comprehensively maintained to ensure a hassle-free sailing holiday.
- Rigid dingy and oars provided, RIB available on request
- Cookware and tableware for six aboard. Linen on request.
- Your charter runs from 9.30 am on the first day to 4.00pm on the last day.
“We have just returned from another fantastic sailing holiday with Great Escape Charters in the Bay of Islands, Northland. The Raven 31 was a really good choice for a family being roomy and with the walkthrough transom, and well maintained. The Bay of Islands has so many anchorages to choose from no matter what the weather is doing. Apart from the sailing this year the highlights were having a pod of Orcas cruise into the bay while we were having breakfast and a couple of visits from Bottle Nosed Dolphins. Snapper fishing also excellent. A fantastic location and great service from Julie and Bill.” Rozz C TripAdvisor Review December 2019
- For bareboat charter, the skipper must have a sound knowledge of sailing and boat handling. A formal recreational keelboat sailing qualification is useful however sufficient experience in a similar vessel is also acceptable. We provide a comprehensive vessel safety briefing and an overview of navigation in the Bay of Islands, with suggested highlights before you cast off.
- If you’d like an instructor to refresh your skills and provide guidance on navigation in the Bay of Islands for the first day of your holiday we are happy to organise this Just ask us.
If you are not quite ready for bareboat charter, new to sailing or have only limited keelboat skipper experience, we are an accredited Yachting New Zealand and International Yacht Training sailing school – check out our sailing school courses.