Fun Performance Cruiser
Designed by Bruce Farr our Noelex 30s are New Zealand designed and built fun cruising boats. With self-tacking roller furl headsails they are easy to sail shorthanded. These boats also have hydraulic lifting keels which enable you to get close to the beach. Well set-up with plenty of room down below, they are an excellent boat for a small family or group of friends to explore the Bay of Islands.
The maximum number of sailors is five, the Noelex 30 is ideal for three friends and recommended no more than four for overnight.
– LOA: 9.41m Beam: 2.86m
– Draft: 0.52m Keel up 1.92m Keel down
– Bed layout: Double forward cabin, double midships, large quarter berth
– Engine: 20 HP diesel Volvo
– Water: 180 litres
The Noelex 30 has a generous double bunk in the forward cabin. Separate head on the port side forward of the main cabin. In the main cabin, the table drops down to make another double berth. Generous quarter berth aft.
- Cookware and tableware for five. Galley with refrigerator and cooker, two-burner elements. Linen provided on request.
- All Great Escape boats are fully equipped to Maritime New Zealand safety standards and well maintained to ensure a hassle-free sailing holiday.
- Your charter commences at 9.30 am on the first day and concludes at 4.00 pm on the last day.
“We spent a week exploring the Bay of Islands on ‘Esprit’, a Noelex 30. Easily managed by two adults, and bags of room below with just two. Never any problem finding somewhere to anchor for the night, and the anchor and chain provided were more than adequate. Our second trip, and would love to come back for another.” Review Sherpa 546679 Trip Advisor 9 March 2019
- For bareboat charter, the skipper must have a sound knowledge of sailing and boat handling. Ideally a recreational sailing qualification and/or significant experience in a similar vessel. We provide a comprehensive vessel safety briefing and an overview of navigation in the Bay of Islands, with suggested highlights before you cast off.
- If you’d like an instructor to refresh your sailing skills and help with navigation in the Bay for the first day of your sailing holiday, add “One-instructor day” to your reservation or Just ask us.
- New to sailing or want to gain recreational sailing qualifications. Just ask, we can help. Check out our sailing school courses.